Master of Business Informatics - 845AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Technology|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Business Informatics (MBI) addresses key areas of the Skills Framework for the Information Age in order to develop information technology professionals who can mediate between organisations and their information technologies.
An MBI graduate understands the intent and context of systems as well as their nature and development. They are able to address issues of work practice and information needs and use so are able to align technical and human systems. Roles of the MBI graduate are as a consultant business analyst who understands organisations on the one hand and the capabilities and limitations of information technology on the other; an information analyst, who investigates information needs and designs systems to support them; a system architect, who is concerned with integration of business systems; and as an information systems manager concerned with information service provision.
The MBI is a one year program of advanced study for students with a relevant bachelors qualification and either 3 years professional business informatics work experience or a graduate qualification). It is a 3 semester program of advanced study for students with a relevant bachelors qualification.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
A bachelor degree or equivalent in business informatics, information systems, information technology or in another discipline with a relevant major.
A Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or honours course, such as the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics from the University of Canberra.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Business Informatics (36 credit points)
- Required Units - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
Restricted Choice - 24 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
G Level Units - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6550 - Business Decision Models G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6672 - Database Design G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6673 - Designing Human-Computer Interaction G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6675 - Information Systems in Organisations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6676 - Professional Practice in IT G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6677 - Systems Analysis and Modelling G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6678 - Systems Project and Quality Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6689 - Security and Support in IT G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8939 - Business and Financial Mathematics G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9436 - Social Media G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9502 - Human Behaviour in Organisations G - 3 cp, Level G
- G Level Units - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Big Data/Business Intelligence - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Enterprise Systems - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Information Systems Context Units - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Information Systems Management - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Elective units are grouped into themes. Students need not restrict themselves to one theme.
- Students may substitute up to two PG level units from the Master of Information Technology course, or the Master of Business Management course with approval from the course convener.
- Part A - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
|Master of Business Informatics||M BusInformatics|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics||Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Year 1
- IT and Business Alignment PG (6683) - 3 cp, Level P
- Information Sciences Extension Studies 3 PG (7866) - 3 cp, Level P
- Two PG Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
The below information applies to new students from 2015.
Continuing students please expand the 'Information for current students' section below and click on the version that applied when you started the course.
This course is accredited by the professional body, the Australian Computer Society, at the Professional level.
Standard three semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum ten semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.