Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics - 841AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline(s):||Academic Program Area - Technology|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
Get with the program with a qualification in business informatics
Targeting a specialist area of information technology that combines IT, business and management skills, this course will introduce you to some of the core concepts of the complex ‘Information Age’ and allow you to explore subjects like systems modelling, database design and business analysis. You will be encouraged to widen your knowledge in the field of business informatics, as well as decide upon a chosen discipline to investigate further.
This part-time course is offered across several delivery options to help you balance study with other commitments, with units provided on-campus during both weekday business hours and on weekday evenings. Further postgraduate study in business informatics or IT is encouraged, with direct progression from this course to the Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics and the Master of Business Informatics available by enrolling in additional units. With tech-savvy individuals highly sought after the world over, following graduation your future in business informatics will be bright.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics at UC and you will:
- demonstrate an understanding of theoretical concepts and develop an appropriate set of data models for relational database implementation
- critically analyse complex business processes
- be able to derive advanced system models appropriately.
Work Integrated Learning
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) is a strong focus of the course and you will regularly connect with the world of professional practice via examination of practical scenarios and industry case studies. You can tailor your learning around your specific areas of interest and future employment aspirations, and internships are possible as part of your range of elective units. Previous Business Informatics students have undertaken internships and cadetships with organisations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Fujitsu Australia, Birdsnest, the University of Canberra, and more.
- IT security analyst
- Business analyst
- Systems analyst
- IT project manager
- ICT consultant
- Web developer
- IT systems test engineer
- Information analyst
- Data scientist
- Systems architect
- Information systems manager
- IT auditor
- IT business manager
- Solutions engineer
To apply, students must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised Australian university or an accepted overseas institution.
A clear pathway of study exists between this degree, the undergraduate Bachelor of Business Informatics, and the postgraduate Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics and Master of Business Informatics courses. Students who have completed this course may apply and receive credit for units within the Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics and Master of Business Informatics.
A Bachelor degree from Australia or a recognised overseas institution. Students who do not hold a Bachelor degree may be able to gain course admission on the basis of Equivalent Graduate Status ? for more information on this process contact the University?s Admissions Office. No previous IT knowledge is assumed.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics (12 credit points)
Award Options - Must select 1 of the following
- Students may choose the generalist award, Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics, or the specialist award.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics - 12 credit points as follows
Graduate Certificate in Advanced Business Informatics - 12 credit points as follows
- To qualify for the specialist award students are required to have completed a bachelor degree (level 7) in information technology or business informatics, or have the approval of the course convener.
Restricted Choice - Must select 1 of the following
- Option 1 - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Option 2 - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- anywhere in the list below
- Big Data/Business Intelligence - May select from
- Business Informatics Context - May select from
- Enterprise Systems - May select from
Information Systems Management - May select from
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6682 - Information Security PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7109 - Information Systems Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 8067 - Systems Requirements and Procurement PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 8427 - Project Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 8740 - Ethics in Information and Technology PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 1. Only a selection of units will be on offer in any one semester.
- 2. Students must not select units that are similar to any studied in their pathway courses. Students will be permitted to undertake alternative G or PG Level units as approved by the Course Convener.
There are previous versions of this course. As a current student you will complete the requirements for the course that were in place when you commenced. Click on the relevant link below to view the requirements of your version of the course.
- Version5 - Start Date: 01/07/2019 End Date: Current Version
- Version4 - Start Date: 01/01/2015 End Date: 30/06/2019
- Version3 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2014
|Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics||GradCert BusInformatics|
|Graduate Certificate in Advanced Business Informatics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Business Informatics
Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics
- Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Standard Part Time, Semester 2 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
One semester full-time or part-time equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.