Postgraduate Diploma in Human Nutrition - 776AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline(s):||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
|English Language Requirements:||
The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Nutrition provides students with the scientific background, specific knowledge and skills to address concepts and controversies relating to human nutrition, to identify the links between nutrition, health and disease at different stages of the lifecycle, and to improve delivery of nutrition information to groups of people in the community. It will allow many students from different disciplines and backgrounds the opportunity to study applied Human Nutrition. In a multi-disciplinary environment, students will be introduced to the processes, knowledge and skills necessary to develop and undertake research.
Applicants must have a recognised Bachelor's degree in science or a related field, human physiology and anatomy and/or biochemistry studies completed at the second year level and at least introductory statistics, and a minimum of one year of work experience.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Nutrition (24 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 15 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or other Graduate or Postgraduate Level units approved by the Course Convener.
|Graduate Diploma in Human Nutrition||GradDip HumanNutr|
|Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Nutrition and Disease G (8256) - 3 cp, Level G
- Nutrition, Society and Health G (6476) - 3 cp, Level G
- Two Restricted Choice Part B Units- 6 cp
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed from semester 2, 2013. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Standard: two semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum: six semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition is subsumable into this course. This course is subsumable into the Master of Nutrition and the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.