Executive Master of Public Administration - 764AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
A two-year degree program designed for future leaders, developing management and policy skills needed in today's public sector.
Applicants must meet normal University requirements for admission to a masters degree course or hold qualifications deemed to be equivalent by the University's Admissions Committee. They must also have at least five years' relevant work experience and have been accepted as a candidate for the degree by the Australia and New Zealand School of Government.
No knowledge is assumed for this course.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Executive Master of Public Administration (30 credit points)
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6428 - Decision Making Under Uncertainty: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6429 - Delivering Public Value: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6430 - Designing Public Policies and Programs: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6431 - Governing by the Rules: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6432 - Government in a Market Economy: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6433 - Leading Public Sector Change: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6434 - Work Based Research Project: ANZSOG - 3 cp, Level P
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or choose other units at the discretion of the Course Convener (primarily from the Master of Public Admin, Management or Business Admin).
- 6232 - Development Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6236 - Gender & Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6239 - Identity Politics & Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6251 - Leadership & Change Management PG - 6 cp, Level P
- 6257 - Management Theory & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6267 - Public Admin at the Interface PG - 6 cp, Level P
- 6426 - Governance in Business and Government PG - 3 cp, Level P
|Executive Master of Public Administration||EMP|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Special admission entry requirements - ANZSOG.
4 semesters part time. This course is not available full-time. Students must undertake subjects to a minimum of 9 credit points at the University of Canberra to be eligible to take out the award at the University.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Mixed Mode
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Mixed Mode
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Mixed Mode
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Mixed Mode
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.