Graduate Diploma in Marketing - 741AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Management|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Diploma in Marketing is designed to provide a comprehensive program for those students with no prior studies in marketing as well as those who have undertaken a marketing major in their undergraduate studies. This course aims to equip students for managerial positions requiring a broad understanding of marketing and its essential role within the organisation. It is suitable for students who are working in a marketing area and want to complement their practical knowledge with a sound theoretical base, or for students contemplating a career in a marketing field.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee, or completion of the Graduate Certificate in Marketing.
Additional Admission Requirements
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Diploma in Marketing (24 credit points)
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 6230 - Consumer Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6262 - Marketing Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6263 - Marketing Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Note: Students who have studied any of these units previously must, in consultation with the Course Convener, substitute units from the Restricted Choice list.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6229 - Contemporary Issues in Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6233 - E-Law for Government & Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6235 - Entrepreneurship G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6246 - Internet Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6247 - Introduction to E-Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6265 - Project Evaluation & Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6271 - Sales & Promotion Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6272 - Services Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6280 - Economics of E-Business G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Diploma in Marketing||GradDip Mktg|
|Graduate Certificate in Marketing|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Standard two semesters full-time or eqivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Diploma in Marketing is subsumable into the Master of Marketing Management.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.