Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (ACT) - 739AD
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
Solidify your career in public admin
Tailored to current ACT government staff, this course is a valuable stepping stone into a admin management career, introducing you to subjects like managing government finance and focusing on strategic approaches that will allow you to negotiate change in an increasingly complex sector.
Need a flexible method of study that suits the challenges of your day job? This course is delivered using a combination of on-line and traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials and workshops, so up-skilling was never easier!
A range of career opportunities exist for Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (ACT) graduates in a range of Canberra-based government roles, including as a:
- chief administration officer
- human services director
- public works director
Course specific information
Students must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee and be currently employed in the graduate program of an Australian Commonwealth, State or Territory Government Department OR hold two or more years of relevant work experience.
This course is contracted to be run in conjunction with government agencies, and admission is open to specific government agency staff only. Please note it is not open for general admission.
Admission is restricted to staff of the ACT Government.
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee and be currently employed in the graduate programme of an Australian Commonwealth, State, or Territory Government Department, OR hold two or more years of relevant work experience.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (ACT) (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or other units as approved by the Course Convener.
- 6232 - Development Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6236 - Gender & Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6239 - Identity Politics & Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6256 - Management Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6257 - Management Theory & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6268 - Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6270 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Certificate in Public Administration||GradCertPA|
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
The standard course duration is one year part-time.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Public Administration is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and the Master of Public Administration.
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.