Graduate Certificate in Public Administration - 739AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Certificate in Public Administration is designed for graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge in the area of public administration to develop the capabilities of those seeking to be top level managers in the public sector, in particular. While the course is an introductory one to the discipline of public administration it emphasises a strategic approach to management to equip managers with the skills and insights required to manage change in the increasingly complex public sector.
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee.
Additional Admission Requirements
Not less than 2 years of relevant work experience prior to admission.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or other units as approved by the Course Convener.
- 6232 - Development Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6236 - Gender & Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6239 - Identity Politics & Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6256 - Management Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6257 - Management Theory & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6268 - Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6270 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Certificate in Public Administration||GradCertPA|
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Special Class Delivery Details
The course is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials and workshops. A number of units are available in intensive mode.
Standard one semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Public Administration is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and the Master of Public Administration.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.