Master of Public Administration (Bhutan) - 737AC
|Location:||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
|CRICOS Code:||N/A 41|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Public Administration is a coursework degree, based on three semesters of full time study or equivalent part-time study. It is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials and workshops. A number of units are available in intensive mode. The course is designed for graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge in the area of public administration to develop the capabilities of those seeking to be top-level managers in the public sector, in particular. The course also emphasises a strategic approach to management to equip managers with the skills and insights required to manage change in the increasingly complex public sector. The course structure allows for the development of a professional body of knowledge plus some flexibility to construct a program around particular interests, such as human resource management.
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent in a relevant field as approved by the University's Admissions Committee and not less than 2 years of relevant work experience prior to admission. Students must also have completed a Graduate Diploma in Public Administration, a Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration, or a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management, or completed relevant units as per the Articulation Arrangement, from the Royal Institute of Management in Bhutan.
Essential knowledge: A good working knowledge of the public sector; commitment and the ability to contribute to class learning, to learn from others and to share learning in the workplace; strong commitment to career development and to a career in the public or third sectors; and capacity to complete a rigorous master's program.
Desirable but not essential knowledge would include some familiarity with fundamental theories and concepts underpinning effective performance in public sector management and policy development, a good feel for the difficulties of delivering results in government and experience of applying theory and analysing data to solve real world management and policy problems.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Public Administration (Bhutan) (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 36 credit points as follows
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6260 - Managing Government Finance G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6268 - Public Policy PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6426 - Governance in Business and Government PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7775 - Leadership in Contemporary Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7776 - Managing Change and Innovation PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8556 - Public Administration G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8557 - Policy Report PG - 6 cp, Level P
- 8558 - Public Admin at the Interface PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 8933 - Gross National Happiness G - 3 cp, Level G
|Master of Public Administration||M PubAdmin|
|Graduate Certificate in Public Administration||Graduate Diploma in Public Administration|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is taught at the Royal Institute of Management campus in Bhutan
Standard: 3 semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum: 8 semesters.
- 2012->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2013->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2014->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2015->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2016->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2017->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2018->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2019->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
- 2020->UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan-External
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.