Graduate Certificate in Management - 736AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Certificate in Management is a course based on one semester of full-time study or two semesters of part-time study. It is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials, seminars and workshops. Some subjects may be available in intensive mode. The course is designed to provide managers and those who will become managers with the basic skills to be effective in the rapidly changing context of work and organisations. Students are required to combine three core subjects (9 credit points) with one elective (3 credit points). This allows for a solid theoretical and professional foundation in managing people and financial resources plus the flexibility to construct a program around particular interests.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the Universitys Admissions Committee and not less than 2 years of relevant work experience prior to admission. Students without a prior undergraduate degree may be assessed for admission under the Universitys Equivalent Graduate Status provisions.
No knowledge is assumed for this course.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Management (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6240 - Industrial Relations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6256 - Management Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6270 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6278 - Strategic Public Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Certificate in Management||GradCert Mgt|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Human Resource Management G (6238) - 3 cp, Level G
- Restricted Choice Part A Unit- 3 cp
- Restricted Choice Part B Unit- 3 cp
- Restricted Choice Part C Unit- 3 cp
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Standard - 1 semester full-time; Maximum - 4 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Management is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Management, which is subsumable into the Master of Management.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.