Graduate Diploma in Management - 735AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Diploma in Management is a course designed to provide managers and those who will become managers with the necessary skills to be effective in the rapidly changing context of work and organisations. Students are required to combine five core subjects (15 credit points) with three electives (9 credit points). This allows for a solid theoretical and professional foundation based on managing human and physical resources plus the flexibility to construct an elective program around particular interests.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee.
Additional Admission Requirements
Not less than 2 years of relevant work experience prior to admission.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Diploma in Management (24 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 12 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
Option 1 - May do up to 9 credit points from the following
- Or other Graduate or Postgraduate Level units, with the approval of the Course Convener.
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6240 - Industrial Relations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6256 - Management Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7775 - Leadership in Contemporary Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7776 - Managing Change and Innovation PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8558 - Public Admin at the Interface PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Option 2 - May do up to 3 credit points from the following
- Option 3 - May do up to 3 credit points from the following
- Option 1 - May do up to 9 credit points from the following
|Graduate Diploma in Management||GradDip Mgt|
|Graduate Certificate in Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Human Resource Management G (6238) - 3 cp, Level G
- Restricted Choice Part A Unit- 3 cp
- Two Restricted Choice Part B Units- 6 cp
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Special Class Delivery Details
The course is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials, seminars and workshops. Some units may be available in intensive mode.
Standard: 2 semesters full-time or equivalent; Maximum: 8 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Management is subsumable into the Graduate Diploma in Management. This course is subsumable into the Master of Management.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.