Master of Management - 734AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Management is a coursework degree, based on three semesters of full-time study or six semesters of part-time study. The course is designed to provide managers and those who will become managers with the necessary skills to be effective in the rapidly changing context of work and organisations.
Students are required to combine seven core subjects (24 credit points) with four electives (12 credit points). This allows for a solid theoretical and professional foundation in strategically managing human and physical resources plus the flexibility to construct an elective program around particular interests.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee and not less than 2 years of relevant work experience prior to admission.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Management (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7775 - Leadership in Contemporary Organisations PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 7776 - Managing Change and Innovation PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 8556 - Public Administration G - 3 cp, Level G
- Students with an undergraduate degree in a management-related area may be permitted to substitute up to 18 credit points of additional electives for required units equivalent to those they have taken.
Restricted Choice - 15 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass at least 9 credit points from the following
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6240 - Industrial Relations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6256 - Management Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7548 - Sociology of Technology and Work G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7777 - Organisational Performance G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8558 - Public Admin at the Interface PG - 3 cp, Level P
- Part B - May do up to 3 credit points from the following
- Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 1. Unit Selection: Students may consider specialising in one discipline area and may select G or PG Level units other than those listed, with approval of the Course Convener.
- 2. Specialisations: Examples include human resource management, public sector management, financial management, education, sports administration or similar.
- 3. Unit Levels: Students must pass at least one PG Level unit from the restricted choice section to satisfy the minimum requirement of 12 credit points at PG Level for the entire course.
- Part A - Must pass at least 9 credit points from the following
|Master of Management||M Mgt|
|Graduate Certificate in Management||Graduate Diploma in Management|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Restricted Choice Part C Unit- 3 cp
- Three Restricted Choice Units (Part A and/or Part B)- 9 cp
- Leadership in Contemporary Organisations PG (7775) - 3 cp, Level P
- Managing Change and Innovation PG (7776) - 3 cp, Level P
- Strategic Management PG (6277) - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice Part A or Part B Unit- 3 cp
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Information for Fee Paying Students
The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols. Students enrolled in a Commonwealth Support Place (CSP) are required to make a contribution towards the cost of their education, which is set by the Commonwealth Government. Information on Commonwealth Supported Places, HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found here.
Special Class Delivery Details
The course is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials, seminars and workshops. Some subjects may be available in intensive mode.
Standard three semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
972AA Master of Public Administration/Master of Management
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.