Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting - 730AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting is a coursework award, based on one semester of full time study or two semesters of part-time study. The course has been designed for graduates who wish to undertake some subjects in accounting, law and/or finance, normally to supplement existing qualifications to meet the entry requirements of the accounting bodies.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Applicants must have a degree or an award that, in the opinion of the University's Admissions Committee, is the equivalent of a three-year degree conferred by a tertiary institution recognised by the Board. There are no work experience requirements.
Additional Admission Requirements
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- Or other units as approved by the Course Convener.
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6222 - Accounting Systems & Practices G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6223 - Auditing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6227 - Company Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6228 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6231 - Corporate Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6279 - Taxation Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting||GradCert ProfAcc|
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
One semester full-time or equivalent; Maximum four semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting, Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Professional Accounting (Extended).
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.