Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting - 729AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting is a coursework award, based on two semesters of full time study or four semesters of part-time study. The course is designed for graduates who have not undertaken a major in accounting in their undergraduate degree or who have undertaken an accounting major with an education institution incorporated outside Australia, and who wish to increase their knowledge of accounting and associated disciplines. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the course.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Applicants must have a degree or an award that, in the opinion of the University Admissions Committee, is the equivalent of a three-year degree conferred by a tertiary institution recognised by the Board. There are no work experience requirements. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the course
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (24 credit points)
Restricted Choice - Must pass 24 credit points from the following
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6222 - Accounting Systems & Practices G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6223 - Auditing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6227 - Company Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6228 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6231 - Corporate Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6279 - Taxation Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting||GradDip ProfAcc|
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
2 semesters full-time or equivalent part-time, maximum 8 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting, and the Graduate Diploma is subsumable within the Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Professional Accounting (Extended).
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.