Master of Professional Accounting - 728AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Professional Accounting is a coursework degree, based on three or four semesters of full time study or six semesters of part-time study. The course is designed for graduates who have not undertaken a major in accounting in their undergraduate degree or who have undertaken an accounting major with an educational institution incorporated outside Australia, and who wish to become accountants. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the degree. The course equips students with specialist skills in accounting and associated disciplines.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Applicants must have a degree or an award that, in the opinion of the University's Admissions Committee, is the equivalent of a three-year degree conferred by a tertiary institution recognised by the Board. There are no work experience requirements. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the degree.
Additional Admission Requirements
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Professional Accounting (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 36 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6222 - Accounting Systems & Practices G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6223 - Auditing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6227 - Company Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6228 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6231 - Corporate Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6279 - Taxation Law & Practice G - 3 cp, Level G
|Master of Professional Accounting||M ProfAcc|
|Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting||Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Year 2
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Course closed from end of semester 1, 2014. Replaced by 297JA.
This course is accredited by CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
Standard: 3 semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum: 8 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting and the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting are both subsumable within the Master of Professional Accounting. Double degree: 969AA Master of Business Administration/Master of Professional Accounting
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.