Master of International Business - 726AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of International Business (MIB) is based on coursework. It is aimed at graduates interested in business training in the context of a globalised business environment. The MIB recognises the emergence of an international trade culture at all levels of business activity and that a manager's qualifications and competencies need to have the same international dimension.
The program of study is designed to develop core business management skills and to provide the opportunity for more advanced studies concentrating on international aspects of trade. On completion of the program, graduates will have acquired the financial, marketing and people skills essential to the management role in a globally competitive business environment; advanced knowledge and understanding of the current dynamics in international business; and the ability to apply such knowledge to the operational mechanisms of international trade within its legal and ethical framework.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee or have completed the Graduate Diploma in International Business.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of International Business (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 27 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6242 - International Financial Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6277 - Strategic Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6243 - International HRM PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6246 - Internet Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6247 - Introduction to E-Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6258 - Managerial Economics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6272 - Services Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6273 - Special Topics in Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6427 - Asia Pacific Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9376 - Special Topics in Business and Government G - 3 cp, Level G
|Master of International Business||M IntlBus|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||Graduate Diploma in International Business||Graduate Certificate in Business Administration|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the contact details below for further information.
The MIB provides graduates with a framework for developing a successful international business strategy and is suitable for business professionals, line managers, government advisers, consultants and those with international interests.
Standard three semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
967AA Master of Business Administration/Master of International Business 971AA Master of International Business/Master of Marketing Management
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.