Graduate Diploma in Business Administration - 724AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Business School|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) is designed to build upon the knowledge and competencies gained in the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (GCBA). It focuses on developing the skills and abilities required to lead and manage in complex, global and changing business environments by providing students with a sound understanding of the management disciplines of accounting and finance, marketing, managing people, economics, data analysis and international business. Elective studies provide the opportunity to extend this knowledge base.
Completion of the Diploma enables progression to a masters, including the MBA. Graduates of the GCBA may receive full credit.
The course schedule is designed to meet the needs of both full and part-time students through mainstream and weekend delivery options.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee or have completed the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
Additional Admission Requirements
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (24 credit points)
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 6221 - Accounting for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6241 - International Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6275 - Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G - 3 cp, Level G
- Statistical Analysis and Decision Making G: Students who have previously completed statistics at tertiary level may substitute this unit with one from the Restricted Choice list.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or other Graduate or Postgraduate Level units approved by the Course Convener.
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6242 - International Financial Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6243 - International HRM PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6244 - International Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6246 - Internet Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6247 - Introduction to E-Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6253 - Management Accounting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6272 - Services Marketing PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6273 - Special Topics in Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6427 - Asia Pacific Business G - 3 cp, Level G
- 8037 - International Financial Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9376 - Special Topics in Business and Government G - 3 cp, Level G
- Two Restricted Choice Units
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||GradDip BusAdmin|
|Graduate Certificate in Business Administration|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Organisational Behaviour G (6264) - 3 cp, Level G
- Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G (6275) - 3 cp, Level G
- Two Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
The GDBA enables career progression from specialist-based positions to middle and senior level managerial positions in both the public and private sectors.
Standard two semesters full-time equivalen. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is subsumable into the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, which is subsumable within the following: Master of Business Administration; Master of International Business.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.