Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies - 551AA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||Canberra Law School|
|English Language Requirements:||
There are non-standard English language requirements for this course. To be eligible you must have an academic IELTS or equivalent of 6.5, with no band score below 6.0. Students who have undertaken all of their education in an English speaking country (as defined on UC website) are deemed to have met our English language proficiency requirements.
The Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies is designed to provide the most basic foundation in legal method and skills and the ability to pursue study interests by selecting from a wide variety of disciplines in the law related to the students interests and requirements. This provides flexibility for graduates working, or intending to work, in government, the teaching profession and the private sector. The course aims as a whole to develop in graduate and mature students meeting entry requirements an awareness of the nature and operation of the law and the legal system, and to provide those employed in those sectors with a working understanding of areas of law of particular vocational relevance and interest. Depending on the units taken, it may provide status towards the Juris Doctor or Master of Legal Studies degrees or the Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies.
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
- Prospective International Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
Admission to the course is open to graduates in any discipline.
No knowledge is assumed for this course.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies (12 credit points)
Restricted Choice - 12 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must select 1 of the following
Part B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- Or other Graduate or Postgraduate Level units as approved by the Course Convener.
Option 2 - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
- Any other unit approved by the Course Convener.
- 1875 - Administrative Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 3940 - International Trade Law G - 4 cp, Level G
- 6225 - Business Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6255 - Management Ethics PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6259 - Managers & the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6333 - Intellectual Property Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6339 - Competition Policy & Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6620 - Advanced Corporation Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6622 - Advanced Taxation Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6624 - Comparative and International Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6625 - Comparative Company Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6626 - Comparative Constitutional Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6627 - Corporate Crime PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6628 - Corporate Finance Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6629 - Corporate Governance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6631 - Government and Corporate Contracting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6632 - Human Rights Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6633 - Information Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6634 - International Banking, Finance and Securities PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6635 - International Dispute Resolution PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6636 - International Organisations (WTO) PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6637 - Law and Society G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6638 - Law of Communications G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6639 - Law of Business Transactions G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6640 - Legal Research Reading PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6644 - Principles of Common Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6645 - Securities Regulation PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6646 - Technology Contracting PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6777 - Legal Systems G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6778 - Legal Methods and Skills G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6779 - Contract Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6780 - Corporations Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6781 - Law of Obligations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7226 - Constitutional Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7227 - Equity G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7229 - Introduction to Taxation Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7232 - Legal Theory G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7234 - Property Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7564 - Criminology G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7566 - Employment Discrimination and the Law G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7567 - Family Law G - 3 cp, Level G
|Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies||GradCert LegSt|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
This course is closed to new admissions from semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Standard one semester full-time or equivalent. Maximum four semesters.
- 2012->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2020->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.