Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling - 485AA
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline(s):||Discipline of Counselling|
|English Language Requirements:||There are non-standard English language requirements for this course. To be eligible you must have an academic IELTS score of 7.0, or equivalent, with the following band scores of at least 7.0 for Writing and Speaking and no band score below 6.0 for Reading and Listening. Students who have undertaken all of their education in an English speaking country (as defined on UC website) are deemed to have met our English language proficiency requirements.|
Enrich your career with counselling skills
Supplement your current qualifications and professional role with a foundation in counselling.
With a strong focus on experimental learning and self-awareness this course will provide you with a range of skills for facilitating processes of individual change.
Study our Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling at UC and you will:
- build a practical tool kit for facilitating individual change in others
- benefit from our focus on self awareness and hands-on learning
- learn a range of counselling models, including group and individual
- establish a personal approach, based in research and informed by ethics.
This course will enrich your role in:
- pastoral care work
- human resource management
- voluntary work
The University of Canberra is committed to building a strong and sustainable Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce. If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person looking to study this course, please contact Rachel Harrigan, Faculty of Health General Manager, (02) 6201 2608.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, demonstrate a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in a helping role, paid or voluntary, by submission of a CV including the names of 2 referees, and attend a pre-admission interview at the University of Canberra, demonstrating fundamental capacities for professional relationships and self awareness. Qualifications and experience are in an area of the human services such as teaching, nursing, pastoral care or welfare.
Additional Admission Requirements
Students may be required to undergo Police Checks and Working with Children Checks to be accepted for a placement by an agency and to meet the requirements of the Counselling Placement and Supervision unit.
Applicants are expected to have qualifications and experience in an area of the human services such as teaching, nursing, pastoral care or welfare, as well as demonstrating fundamental capacities for professional relationships and self awareness.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling (12 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 9 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 7746 - Counselling Applications PG 1 - 3 cp, Level P
- 7747 - Counselling Applications PG 2 - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice Unit
|Graduate Certificate in Community Counselling||GradCert CommunityCouns|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Ethical Frameworks for Counselling PG (7745) - 3 cp, Level P
- Restricted Choice Unit- 3 cp
- Standard Part Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Standard: 2 semesters part-time. Maximum: 4 semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The graduate certificate course in Community Counselling is subsumable within the Graduate Diploma in Community Counselling.
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2013->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2014->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for this course for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.