Master of Sport Management (Research) - 296JA
|Location:||UC - Canberra, Bruce|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline(s):||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
Sporting excellence needs innovative managers
Utilise your research skills and passion for sport by undertake independent research under the guidance of published academics in a specialised area of sport management.
Your research into sport management; media; or humanities will contribute to professional sport literature and assist in advancements in the industry.
The University of Canberra’s extensive relationships with sporting institutions and elite athletes and sporting teams will also offer you a unique opportunity to work with the people your research will directly effect.
Complete your Master of Sports Management (Research) at UC to:
- further your standing with current academic and professional leaders in sport
- explore deep learning in sports disciplines
- build on your specialised knowledge of contemporary management theory and practice.
By conducting research to masters level sport management, you position yourself for a wide range of employment opportunities, including:
- sport marketer
- sponsorship manager
- public relations in a sporting organization
- management of sports, recreation and leisure clubs
- advisory roles in the public and private sector.
The Master of Sports Management (Research) will enhance your reputation as an informed and solution focused coach, sports manager or sport development officer for regional, state, and national organisations and governments.
A recognised undergraduate degree in a relevant field, preferably with either a GPA of 5.0 or higher or at Honours level, or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution with demonstrated capacity and/or aptitude for research (in accordance with the Gold Book 3.4.4).
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Sport Management (Research) (48 credit points)
- Required - Must pass 48 credit points as follows
- Candidates are also required to complete a Research Education Program to acquire the generic skills & attributes identified as appropriate for graduates of postgraduate research programs at UC.
- 1. Students are required to attend fortnightly MA colloquia (arranged by the Course Convener) for at least one semester of their enrolment.
- 2. The colloquia will provide supervisor-led discussion of the research process, the significance of a literature review, theoretical paradigms, and methodological alternatives.
- 3. Student aptitude is monitored by the supervisor on a fortnightly basis and written feedback provided. Satisfactory performance is a requirement for students to progress further in the program.
|Master of Sport Management (Research)||M SportMgt (Research)|
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Standard four semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
- 2015->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2016->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2017->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2018->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
- 2019->UC - Canberra, Bruce-Internal
View the number of student enrolments for the previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.