I accepted an offer to change my course but I’m still enrolled in the old degree. What do I need to do?

Once you have received and accepted an offer to a new course, you will need to ensure that your units are enrolled under the new degree. You can do this through your MyUC account. Once you have enrolled under your new course, you should discontinue from your previous degree by completing a Notification of Discontinuation form.

Domestic Students: You will need to ensure you complete a new Commonwealth assistance form/s for your new course before the Census date. Failure to do so may result in discontinuation from your course.

Please be aware that you will not automatically be awarded credit/advanced standing towards your new degree. You will need to seek advice from your new Course Convenor (or faculty administrative course convenor) to see whether you are eligible for credit towards your new degree. In circumstances where advanced standing can be awarded, you will need to complete the Application for Advanced Standing (Credit) form.

If you are currently enrolled in a teaching period and receive an offer for a new course after the Census date, you will need to wait until the subsequent semester before enrolling in your new degree.

Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful