How do I get a refund and when will I receive my refund?

If you are a domestic student and you withdraw from study and want a refund of a payment or a remission of your Commonwealth loan (HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP) it is easier to get a refund if you apply before the Census date.  After the Census date you will need to provide evidence of exceptional circumstances.

Before the Census date

  1. Complete an Enrolment Amendment Refund form in MyUC. 
  2. Lodge it at the Student Centre.

After the Census date

You can still request a refund or remission of loan, however you'll need to provide evidence of special or exceptional circumstances. 

  1. Complete an Enrolment Amendment Refund form.
  2. Compile documentation that proves exceptional circumstances.
  3. Lodge your form with supporting documents at the Student Centre.

If you are an international student you need to complete the International Student Refund Form and refer to the International Student Fee Policy.

Refunds take time to process, as they must be approved by our Fees Office and then processed by Financial Services. You should expect to wait 4–6 weeks from the time you submit your form to the time you receive your refund.

Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful