How do I apply to the University of Canberra?

You have made a great choice applying to study at the University of Canberra; we look forward to seeing you around campus. Below is information on how to apply depending on your circumstances.

Domestic Students

Applying for a course at UC will depend on whether you are classified as a current school leaver or a non-current school leaver/postgraduate applicant.

Note: to be classified as a domestic student you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa.

Current School Leavers

If you are a Current School Leaver, you must apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC). A current school leaver is a student who is currently completing an Australian Year 12 or an International Baccalaureate in the year prior to university admission.

Non-current School Leavers

Non-current School Leavers and postgraduate students can apply directly by using the online applicant portal. If you have not previously used the applicant portal, you will be required to create an account where you will be issued with a user ID and password. Once you have created an account you will be able to use this ID and password to lodge and manage your application/s.

International Students 

International students should visit the International Students page to make sure they understand all of the requirements of admission before applying. After reading through what documentation is required, you can apply directly using the online applicant portal. If you have not used the applicant portal before, you will need to create an account where you will be issued with a user identifier and password. Once you have your applicant ID and password, you will be able to log into the applicant portal to apply and manage your application/s.

All international applicants to the University of Canberra will be assessed to ensure that they meet genuine temporary entrant requirements (under the Migration Act). In some instances, the University may request you to apply through a UC registered agent. In these cases, the University will provide you with further information and guide you through the process.



Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful