Can I withdraw from a unit after Census date?

If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you need to withdraw you should be aware that there are financial penalties if you withdraw from a unit after Census date, unless it is under special circumstances. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for an enrolment amendment if your circumstances:

  • are beyond your control;
  • did not make a full impact until on or after Census date; and
  • make it impracticable to complete the unit requirements (during the relevant period).

If applying to withdraw from a unit, you will need to submit an Enrolment Amendment form outlining your request for special consideration. If you no longer have access to MyUC contact the Student Centre for assistance.

All applications for an enrolment amendment must be submitted with independent documentation to support your claim (e.g. a medical certificate, a police report, death notice etc.). Lack of supporting documentation is likely to affect the outcome of your application form. Further information about how to apply for an enrolment amendment can be found at Enrolment Amendment Form - How do I apply?


What if I’m not eligible for an Enrolment Amendment?

If you don't meet the criteria for an enrolment amendment you can still withdraw yourself from units via MyUC – please see How do I withdraw from units?. If you do decide to withdraw yourself after Census date, there will be different academic and financial penalties depending on the time of your withdrawal. For further information on the academic and financial consequences of withdrawing visit What are the deadlines for withdrawing from units?


Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful