Can I pay my student contribution amount/tuition fees in instalments?

How fees are paid and the financial assistance offered differs between domestic and international students.

Domestic Students

If you are a domestic student you need to ensure that you pay your fees or have provided your ‘Request for Commonwealth Assistance Form’ by the end of week 1 of the relevant teaching period. If you have not paid your fees by the end of week 1, you will have an encumbrance placed on your account preventing you from accessing online services such as MyUC and Moodle.

Once the Census date has passed, any unpaid tuition fees will be deferred onto HELP provided you have submitted your Tax File Number (TFN) and completed the relevant 'Request for Commonwealth Assistance' form. If you have outstanding fees at Census date and have not provided your TFN, you will be discontinued from your course.

No extensions for payment can be provided after the Census date. Due to reporting requirements, all enrolment obligations must be met by this date.

International Students

As an international student, you must have all fees paid by the end of week 1 of the relevant teaching period. Students who do not finalise their tuition fee payments by the end of week 1 and have not contacted the University to arrange an approved extension or payment plan will have their University access suspended and risk reporting to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

In limited circumstances, an international student may be permitted to finalise their tuition fees by instalments through an approved payment plan. If you believe you fall under this category, you can apply for a payment plan under the 'Payment Plan' function in MyUC. When applying for a payment plan, you must supply evidence to support your claims, including a written statement outlining why your financial situation has changed and any official documents that support your claim.

Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful