Can I get an extension to pay my tuition fees? (Domestic Students)

Unfortunately, as many fees can easily be deferred to the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), the University of Canberra does not offer payment extensions to domestic students.


Eligible students are able to defer their fees through the various HELP schemes, such as HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, and SA-HELP. These schemes give eligible students the option to defer their tuition through the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) where it will be automatically paid off through your tax once you earn over the legislated threshold


All tuition fees must be paid by the end of week 1 of the relevant teaching period. Failure to pay by the end of week 1 will result in an encumbrance on your student account which blocks services such as MyUC and UCLearn.


More information on eligibility requirements of HELP schemes can be found on the Study Assist website.


Was this answer helpful?

Answers others found helpful