Census dates are very important as they are the last day to finalise your enrolment in any given teaching period. This day is the deadline for:
- paying or deferring your Student Services and Amenities Fee (for eligible students only)
- withdrawing from a unit without academic or financial penalty
- adding units to your enrolment (convenor approval required)
- requesting intermission (leave of absence)
- discontinuing your studies without academic or financial penalty.
If you have not met the enrolment requirements by Census date (paying your fees and submitting a 'Request for Commonwealth Support' form, and submitting your TFN) you will have your enrolment cancelled and subsequently be discontinued from your course.
You can visit the Census dates page for specific dates or the Study Assist website for more information on deadlines and withdrawals.