Academic dress for the University consists of a black or blue cloth academic gown, black mortar board and a black or blue hood lined with silk.
The colour of the hood lining distinguishes the level of award.
Black gown and hood
- Diploma - Turquoise Blue lining
- Associate Degree - Green lining
- Degree of Bachelor (3 and 3.5 years) - Red lining
- Degree of Bachelor (4 years) - Maroon lining
- Degree of Bachelor (5 and 6 years) - Pale grey lining
- Standalone Honours Year – Maroon lining
- Graduate Certificate or Diploma - Gold lining
- Degree of Master - Blue lining
Blue gown and hood
- Doctor of Philosophy - Gown with gold facings and horizon hood lining
- Doctor of the University - Gown with gold facings and gold hood lining