UC Student Bursary Program
We want to ensure that all students are supported to succeed at UC.
The UC Student Bursary Program is designed to support students facing extreme financial hardship and who cannot access other income support.
Access to these funds will be assessed on a case-by-case basis with students asked to provide information and evidence about their support needs. This fund is designed to assist those in exceptional circumstances.
All applications will be assessed individually against the eligibility requirements outlined below.
Students must be:
- Residing and studying at a UC teaching location in Australia (Bruce Campus, TAFE NSW, TAFE Queensland, GBCA).
- Currently and will continue to be enrolled in two units (or at least 6 credit points) for Semester 2 2020.
- In need of financial support as a result of the COVID-19 situation.
- Not currently receiving any form of government support (including but not limited to Centrelink payments, JobKeeper and JobSeeker), scholarship, income, stipend, private or family support or any other form of financial support or assistance.
- Unable to access any form of government support, scholarships, income, stipends, private or family support or any other financial support from any source.
- Able to provide evidence of changes to my financial position, including two months of bank statements, as confirmation of income and expenses and any other relevant materials.
- Not encumbered, suspended or excluded and do not have any other impediment that might impact my ability to continue with their studies.
- Able to continue with their studies during 2020 and, where relevant, thereafter to the completion of their qualification.
- Able to demonstrate their academic record which indicates the likelihood of successfully completing all units enrolled in during winter term and / or Semester 2 2020.
- Able to provide documentary evidence in support of their application.
- Able to provide details of their own Australian bank account.
Before submitting your application, please complete the following checklist to ensure that you have collated your supporting documentation.
- Please provide evidence of your ineligibility for Australian Government Support.
- This could be your Student Visa document or a letter from Centrelink.
- Please provide evidence of your course enrolment for S1 and S2 2020.
- You must have at least 6 credit point enrolment to be eligible for the Student Bursary.
- Please provide evidence of your change in financial situation.
- For example - two months of bank statements which confirm your change in income and expenses.
- Please provide evidence of your Australian residential address.
- This could be a copy of your lease, tenancy agreement, utility bills etc
For more information, please contact UCStudentBursary@canberra.edu.au