UC Campus Experiences
The UC 4 Yourself Experience Day is a fantastic opportunity available to students within the Aspire UC schools network.
The excursion gives students the chance to visit UC, participate in a range of activities and discover where uni may lead them. It is an enriching educational experience which familiarises students with a genuine higher education environment, helping to demystify university.
"It was a very worthwhile experience which has really inspired me to attend university! A fantastic day. I loved the interactions and tours which really showed the real, honest side to uni." Year 9 student, Narrandera High School
Transportation to and from the campus for the UC 4 Yourself program will usually be paid for by UC.
Students get to experience first-hand what it's like to be a 'UC student for a day', through a program of activities including:
- Engaging with current UC students to find out what student life is really like
- Touring student accommodation
- Participating in hands-on workshops
- Exploring the UC Campus, facilities and buildings (including lecture theatres)
- Visiting the Expo to meet staff and students representing a variety of exciting courses and support services.
Participating in a UC 4 Yourself Experience Day has many excellent benefits for students. These include:
- Gaining first-hand experience of and exposure to a higher education environment, academics, current students, facilities and support services
- Developing an understanding of the courses available and possibilities created through university study
- Being better placed to make an informed decision about their future and the pathways they will choose
- Raising aspirations for higher education
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to higher education
- Smoothing the transition between school and university
- Debunking common myths associated with studying at uni.