College of Adjuncts
Over recent years the University has assembled a large and diverse body of adjunct staff with extensive academic and professional experience across a range of disciplines and industries.
We are very proud of our Adjunct staff who represent the University locally and internationally, and contribute greatly to the University's research and teaching programs.
An adjunct appointment is an honorary appointment to the University and the establishment of the College of Adjuncts has been an integral part of the University's commitment to build closer linkages to government, industry and the community. Upon appointment, all adjunct staff are considered to be members of the College of Adjuncts - membership is over 400 and growing.
The College of Adjuncts website provides appointees with a range of news and information about their appointment, news from the University and about other appointees and administrative functions.
- See the latest news about appointees and the college
- View and register for upcoming events
- Discover more about the University of Canberra and discover resources available to Honorary Appointees
- Read our frequently asked questions
- Update your contact details
- Learn more about fellow Honorary Appointees.
Responsibility and Purpose
The College of Adjuncts is responsible for the stewardship of the University's honorary appointment process. Upon appointment, Adjunct Professors, Adjunct Associate Professors and Professional Associates are considered to be members of the College of Adjuncts. Administratively it sits within the office of Advancement, Marketing and Communications. The College has its own Dean, elected from the College membership.
The main purpose of the College is to provide a forum where members can make a collective contribution to the University and strengthen its teaching, research and professional activities. The specific role of the College is to:
- Establish a communication network to share experience, knowledge and best practice
- Steward and support the University's adjunct Honorary Appointees
- Identify new potential adjunct appointments
- Assist in the delivery of learning, teaching, research and engagement programs
The College keeps members abreast of University and College news through regular email distribution and an e-newsletter. The Vice-Chancellor also hosts the Annual College of Adjuncts reception. From time to time Honorary Appointees are invited to special forums and committees to contribute to discussion on key University developments. The College welcomes news from its members to include on this website and the e-newsletters.
Adjuncts looking for further ways to get involved in the University of Canberra community can e-Mail the College of Adjuncts or might consider discussing this with their Faculty contact.