Print this page

Common Questions About Philanthropic Giving

Please refer to the following list of frequently asked questions to address your queries. If you have any other specific concerns, please contact the University of Canberra Foundation.

UC Foundation
University of Canberra
Bruce, ACT 2617

If you do not see the area you are interested in supporting please contact the Foundation team. We would be happy to discuss your interest and suitable giving options.

Yes you can direct your gift to a particular project or department. Contact the Foundation team for more information. You can also visit our what you can support section for current funding priorities.

A bequest is a very special gift for the University. For more information please review the section on planned giving.

Contact the Foundation team for assistance in planning a bequest that best fits your wishes.

UC Foundation aims to officially report back to all its donors with regards to use of their gifts. If you would like to find out more about the use of your gifts at any point please get in touch with the Foundation team.

No matter which method or area you choose to make your gift, 100% of your gift is directed towards the designated purpose.

If you have not opted for an anonymous donation, your name may appear on our donor rolls and other donor appreciation platforms.

If you have any other queries please contact the Foundation team.

Specify the name and whether your gift is in honour or in memory of someone on the giving form as you enter your personal information. If that option is not available you can contact the Foundation.

Yes. The University of Canberra is recognised as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) by virtue of its status as a public university in the terms of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. Donations to UC of $2 or more are tax-deductible and an official receipt will be issued for tax purposes.

Donors from countries other than Australia are able to donate to the University of Canberra but might not be eligible for any tax benefits. We would advise you to refer to your country's tax guidelines.