A Partnership With a Lot to Offer
The University of Canberra holds a position within Australia’s national capital with proximity to the Australian government, policy makers, research centres and national bodies.
- Access to a thriving campus located within walking distance of Belconnen Town Centre, 12 minutes from the Canberra City Centre and a short drive to the nation’s parliamentary centre.
- An opportunity to secure part of the University’s unique 118 hectare campus site for development of highly specialised facilities with large floor-plates.
- An established catchment of highly skilled tertiary students and staff.
- An ability to leverage the existing academic, research and professional sporting pursuits already being undertaken within the campus grounds, often in collaboration with various unique groups.
- Access to existing retail, coffee shops, restaurants, bars, lounges, banks, sports facilities, conference and training accommodation, medical centres and childcare.
- Site surface and structured car parking opportunities.
- Opportunities for collaboration with prestigious research institutes, academic and learning activities to create “Centres of Excellence”.
- An existing framework for campus development in the form of an established master plan and clear campus development principles.
- An opportunity to leverage the University’s design and development procurement expertise.
There is flexibility in the commercial structures that will be considered, including ‘BOOTs’, ‘BOTs’, joint ventures, alliances, lease back arrangements and others consistent with market conditions. Our focus is on developments that clearly provide mutual benefits. As outlined in this document, we have already entered into a number of collaborations and partnerships.