Dr Kathy Mann
Senior Lecturer - Teacher Education
Deputy Academic Program Director (Primary and Secondary)
T: +61 2 62012467
L: Building 6 Room D9
Dr Kathy Mann, PhD
With a PhD in Epidemiology and Population Health, Kathy’s academic areas include Health Education, Outdoor Education, and Vocational Education.
Qualified as a secondary school teacher, Kathy has worked in many areas related to youth and adults including school-based education, outdoor education, juvenile justice, and community agencies. As a teacher, her areas include outdoor and experiential education, health and physical education, and the humanities. Her additional activity in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) area since 2000 has led to the introduction of unique programs for preservice teacher training in VET at the University of Canberra, particularly programs that intersect with the school sector.
- PhD – The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Master of Education (research) - University of Canberra, Canberra, Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching, Secondary - MacAuley College, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts - University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- social determinants of health, physical activity and leisure
- health and wellbeing education
- experiential and outdoor learning environments
- Vocational Education & Training (VET)