Dr Habib Khan
School of Information Systems & Accounting
Highest Qualification – PhD, CPA
HDR Completions - Nil
Completed PhD degree from the Macquarie University Australia, I am working as an Assistant professor of Accounting in the school of Information systems and Accounting since 2016. During last 10 years, I have got experience of teaching in other reputed universities both in Australia and internationally. These include Macquarie University, Central Queensland University Sydney campus, Curtin University Sydney campus and East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. My research strengths are CSR and sustainability reporting in banking sector, societal, political and cultural aspects of management control system, multi-dimensional performance measurement system and Balanced scorecard (BSC) in service sectors and pro-environmental behaviour using behavioral theories and applying mixed method of research design. I have independently and collaboratively conducted and successfully completed many research projects published more than twenty five articles in the peer reviewed quality international academic journals and presented in international conferences, including extensive research publications relevant to banking industry and manufacturing organisations. I am well recognised internationally in the area of CSR and sustainability reporting in the developing countries banking industry, multi-dimensional performance measurement system in emerging economics and through peer-reviewed publications published in reputed journals including Social Responsibility Journal, Environmental Education Research, Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economics, Corporate Control and Ownership, and International Journal of Law and Management. Corroborating my research priorities and interest, in the past, my research endeavour has also extended in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary area such as sustainable tourism. I also have been acknowledged in the international area through my role as a reviewer in many international journals of which social responsibility journal, Journal of Business Ethics are most notable. My research papers are widely cited.
PUBLICATIONS AND GRANTS
- Fatima, J. K., Khan, H.Z., and Goh, E. (2016). Environmental knowledge and behavioural outcomes of tourism students in Australia: towards testing a range of mediation and moderated mediation effects. Environmental Education Research, Vol. 21(Forthcoming issue), UK(A in ABDC; Q1 in SCImago). DOI: 10.1080/13504622.2015.1050356 (Journal Impact factor: 1.29).
- Fatima, J. K., Khan, H.Z., and Halabi, A (2016). The mediating impact of social interactions on ecotourism: Evidence from Australia. Tourism Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol. 20 (Forthcoming issue),USA(A in ABDC).
- Khan, H.Z (2016). Multi-dimentiona lperformance measurement practices in developing countries: a review of literature and future direction. Corporate Ownership & Control. Vol. 13 No. 2 Winter, pp.497-517(B in ABDC).
- Khan, H.Z., Islam, M.A., Fatima, J.K., and Ahmed, K. (2011). Corporate sustainability reporting of banks: preliminary evidence from Bangladesh. Social Responsibility Journal, 7(3): 347-362, United Kingdom. (B in ABDC; Q2 in SCImago).
- "Intangible assets, business strategy performance measures and organisational performance", Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor Conference Grant, Australia, 2013. Grant amount $5,000.
- 2016-‘Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) research grant’ on the project ‘Factors influencing Indigenous students in Accounting and Finance studies: A political, historical, institutional perspective’ with Dr Jesmin Islam, Professor Monir Mir and Dr Abu Mollik - $4500.
- ‘Finalist’- Equity and Diversity Award, Vice Chancellor Excellence Awards-2016, University of Canberra, Australia
- “Research Excellence Award-2011”, Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, Australia.
- “Research Excellence Award-2012”, Faculty of Business and Economics, Macquarie University, Australia.
- “Best Presenter Award”-2010, Accounting and Finance track, Macquarie University’s Faculty of Business and Economics HDR Research Expo, 2010, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- “Dean Merit List of the Year”-2001, Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, for securing cumulative grade point average (CGPA) 4 out of 4 in a year at the BBA Hons program.
- Dean’s Excellence Award in the category of Student Nomination for outstanding Teaching and Learning’-2016, Faculty of Business, Government & Law, University of Canberra, Australia.
Google Scholar Profile
Areas of Research Interest
- Multi-dimentional performance measures and balanced scorecard in the banking sector
- Sustainability and CSR reporting in banking industry
- Social, political and cultural aspects of Management control system and performance measurement
- Pro-environmental behaviour and sustainable eco-tourism practices
Research Theories / Models of Interest
- Sociological theoretical frameworks
- Positivistic theories
Research Methods of Interest
- Qualitative research design and qualitative case-study based approach
- Positivistic and scientific research methods involving Structural equation modelling (SEM).