Arts and Design Portfolio Entry
Portfolio entry provides an alternative entry pathway to entry based on an ATAR score. Find out everything you need to know on this page.
Who can apply?
Current school leavers
- Those who are finishing year 12 this year and wish to secure an early offer and/or may not achieve the required ATAR for their chosen course.
In line with 2018 UAC dates. Next offers will be made within UAC rounds.
- Submit your portfolio by November 2018 for a UAC Non-ATAR or early round offer.
- Submit your portfolio December 2018 for and for an offer in the December round.
- Submit your portfolio by December 2018 for a UAC offer in the January round.
Non school leavers
- TAFE students who have not completed their TAFE course but wish to enter one of our specified degree courses
- Mature age applicants who may not have an ATAR or may not have completed Year 12 but have other qualifications or experience deemed suitable for entry.
Applications for semester 2 2018 and semester 1 2019 are now being accepted.
- Submit your portfolio 2nd July for an offer before O-week semester 2.
- Submit your portfolio 30th November for an offer before Christmas.
- Submit your portfolio no later than 11th January 2019 for an offer in time to start Semester 1 2019.
What courses can I apply for?
All Arts and Design undergraduate single degrees offer Portfolio Entry with the exception of Building and Construction Management.
What do I need to Include in my portfolio?
Please submit up to five pieces of your best creative work related to the degree you are applying for.
Include in your submissions the following:
- Evidence of your creative design process.
- A rational explaining your design decisions and influences.
- A clear visual representation of your final project.
- Architecture and other design portfolios should be submitted as a PDF or word document with a link to your website and pictures if it is physical object.
- Film, media, writing and digital projects are to be submitted in PDF or word documents that can include a link to your website, or a YouTube page that houses your film, media project etc.