Ms. Poplin Justine
Lecturer, Graphic Design
Faculty of Arts & Design
Bldg, Floor & Room: NA
Facsimile: (02) 6201 5999
Justine Poplin's professional experience has witnessed the shift from analogue to digital. Her work examines the rapid cross-fertilisation in the arts, which extends preconceived notions of identity in the digital age. She has seen involvement with a variety of hybridised art forms and new media works both in Australia and China. Poplin's work has been published in a book documenting Contemporary Art in China "Contemporary Art Studio" through Hunan Fine Arts Publishing House (2008). In 2005 she was accepted into Red Gate Gallery's residency program in Beijing where she first explored issues such as cross-cultural exposure and its impact on process and conceptual thinking through visual communication.
Areas of Teaching
- Graphic Design
- Media Arts
- Multidisciplinary approaches to visual communication, mainly in the areas of Cultural Identity
- Innovation and Creativity
- Visual Culture in 21st Century China
- BFA (Multi Media) COFA UNSW Sydney
- MA (Research Media Arts) RMIT, Visual Communication Melbourne
Justine is currently a PhD scholar with the University of Canberra, Faculty of Arts and Design.
- The Global Symposium on Social Sciences (IBSSS) Okinawa, Japan
- Creativity in the Chinese classroom: Does censorship constrict creativity? ISBN: 978-986-89844-8-6
- Melbourne Conference on China: Global Media and Public Diplomacy in Sino-Western Relations, Melbourne University, Australia
- Austral + Asia Cultural Space, Theatricality and the Performance of Asia in Australasia, Performing Arts Centre, Monash University
- ISEA International Symposium for Electronic Art - Istanbul Turkey 'Opera and the cult of the Dj'
- 'Contemporary Art Studio - International Artists in China' - Hunan Fine Arts Publishing House (pp. 114-115)
- 'Cropped' Centre for Contemporary Photography Melbourne, The Age 'Signs Jostle in a pash forum' Review Robert Nelson
- '42 Snowdrops', Polyester Books Melbourne, Yarra Leader, 'Oh so cheeky crowd drawers' - Lin Fong
- 'The Snowdropper', First Draft Sydney, The Sydney Morning Herald - Review Bruce James
- 'Art Process Guide' - N.S.W Board of Education (pp. 21-28)
Grants and Awards
- 2012 - Australian Postgraduate Award
- 2005 - Red Gate Gallery 'Shangrila' Beijing China
- 2000 - CCP Fitzroy Australia - Summer Salon
- 1999 - City of Yarra Australia - Project grant
Content goes here.
- Link 1
- Link 2
- Link 3
Content goes here.