Health Poetry Prize
The Health Poetry Prize will not be offered in 2018.
First Prize: Joe Dolce, ‘And Let The Wonder In’
Second Prize: Vanessa Proctor, ‘emergence’
Third Prize: Ian Gibbins, ‘Dial Tone’
Joe Dolce, ‘And Let The Wonder In’
Anna Fern, ‘sundowning’
Ian Gibbins, ‘Dial Tone’
Andy Jackson, ‘Distance’
Kit Kelen, ‘A Moment Please’
Emily O'Grady, ‘Apheresis’
Vanessa Proctor, ‘emergence’
Beth Spencer ‘Explant (caveat emptor)’
Jena Woodhouse, ‘Time Capsule’
Jena Woodhouse, ‘Travellers with Gifts from Crete’
The prize announcement will be made on Thursday 21 September, 2017 at 5pm within the concluding event of the Poetry on the Move festival.
About the Prize
The University of Canberra Health Poetry Prize aims to inspire others through poetry to consider the journey to live life well. The poem may be focussed on mental or physical health, and can investigate what 'living life well' means. This may include barriers to living a well life, promoting a life lived well, or describe the experience of, or transition to, living life well.
The Health Poetry Prize was offered for the first time in 2016.
Important details of the 2017 prize:
- The winner will receive AUD$1,500
- The runner-up (second-placed poem) will receive AUD$700
- The second runner-up (third-placed poem) will receive AUD$300
- Up to ten additional poems will be short-listed for publication, along with the winners, in the University of Canberra Health Poetry Prize Anthology
- All poems entered for the prize will be single poems that have a maximum length of 40 lines (see the Conditions of Entry for further details)
- Each entry of a poem will cost AUD$10
- Entries close at 23:59 GMT 30 June 2017
Read the full conditions of entry.