Cancellation and Transfer
If you want to cancel your test or request a transfer of the IELTS test, you must do this at least five weeks prior to the scheduled test date
- You must complete a cancellation/transfer request form and either email or bring it into our office
- You will receive a full refund minus an administrative fee
- Transfer requests:
- You must pay an administrative fee along with your application form.
- Once the transfer application has been approved for the selected test date, you will be granted a transfer.
- Placement at a future test date depends on availability.
- Please note that candidates are only allowed to transfer their test date once within three months of the original test date.
In order to cancel your test or request a transfer within five weeks of the test date
For medical reasons:
- you must provide supporting medical evidence and the form within five working days of the test date.
- only evidence of serious illness, hospital admission or serious injury will be considered.
- the medical certificate must state your inability to appear for the test on the scheduled test date.
Due to the bereavement of a close family member or hardship/trauma:
- valid evidence is required for an exemption to be made. Please contact our centre for further information.
For any reason other than a medical issue, bereavement or hardship/trauma:
- you will not be eligible to receive a refund.
What to do
- Download the IELTS Cancellation/Transfer form (PDF 162KB) and complete it in full
- Send it to us along with the appropriate documents and/or evidence no later than five working days after the test date via e-mail OR in post/in person.
- Documents accepted include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate or a police report.