Choosing Classes at UC
Study Abroad and Exchange Unit Offerings for Inbound Students
Please read through the following information carefully as you select your units.
You are required to study 12 credit points at UC, usually equivalent to 3 or 4 units (classes/modules). Before you apply to UC, please ensure that you can find at least four units & 2 back up units that you would like to study at UC. It is important to choose back up units in case a unit is cancelled or the timetable for your units clash. These units must be offered in the correct semester and you must meet any listed prerequisites (as per your home university transcript). You should get approval for all 6 classes at your home university in case unit availability changes or there are any timetable clashes when you arrive at UC.
Undergraduate students should refrain from requesting units labeled G or PG as these denote post graduate level units which you are not eligible for.
- Course = Degree field of study
- Unit = Class/Course/Module
- S1 = Semester 1 (February – May)
- WT = Winter Term (June-August – Not Available for Exchange)
- S2= Semester 2 (August – November)
- Unit Number= A Unit (Class) has a course number usually 3-4 digits. This number is random and has no significance to the level.
How to Search for Units (classes/modules) at the University of Canberra:
Please note: If you would like to search for a full listing of units available in a degree area, please use the steps listed under the diagram below.
2. Select the Units Search tab
3. Type in a subject area, unit name or specific unit code/number you wish to search for. (You may need to try several synonymous terms if your first search provides no results)
4. For Unit Type select undergraduate unless you are a postgraduate student
5. Select open advanced unit options
6. Choose the Year and Teaching period (semester) you will be studying with us. (Semester 1 or S1= February – June) or (Semester 2 or S2 = August – December)
7. For Location, select University of Canberra (BRUCE) and then hit Search
8. A full list of University of Canberra offerings will now show. Select the unit that interests you for more details and be sure to check for any prerequisite requirements to know if you would be eligible based on your current transcript.
How to Search For a List of all Units (classes/modules) in Your Study Area:
2. Select the Courses Search tab
3. Type in the subject area in the first box (You may need to try several synonymous terms if your first search provides no result)
4. For Course Type, choose Undergraduate unless you are a Post Graduate student
5. For Location, choose University of Canberra (Bruce) and hit Search
6. All the related courses/degrees should now show below. Click on any of interest for more information.
7. Within each course/degree page, you can find the class offerings by scrolling down and clicking on expand all under Course Requirements. If you click on Typical Study Plan, this will show you which semesters several of the classes are typically offered in so you can plan accordingly. You can also click on each unit under Course Requirements to check which semester they are available.