Choosing Classes at UC
Study Abroad and Exchange Unit Offerings for Inbound Students
Please read through the following information carefully as you select your units. On your application, you will need to be prepared to list, in your order of preference, at least four classes & 2 back up classes you would like to study at UC. You should get approval for all 6 classes at your home university in case a unit is unavailable or if there are any timetable clashes when you arrive at UC. You must meet any prerequisite and corequisite requirements for selected units, but otherwise, you may take any units offered in the appropriate semester. Undergraduate students should refrain from requesting units labeled G or PG as these denote post graduate level units which you are not eligible for.
How to Search for Units (subjects/classes) at the University of Canberra:
2. Select the Units Search tab
3. Type in a subject area, unit name or specific unit code/number you wish to search for. (You may need to try several synonymous terms if your first search provides no results)
4. For Unit Type select undergraduate unless you are a postgraduate student
5. Select open advanced unit options
6. Choose the Year and Teaching period (semester) you will be studying with us. (Semester 1 or S1= February – June) or (Semester 2 or S2 = August – December)
7. For Location, select University of Canberra (BRUCE) and then hit Search
8. A full list of University of Canberra offerings will now show. Select the unit that interests you for more details and be sure to check for any prerequisite requirements to know if you would be eligible based on your current transcript.
How to Search For a List of all Units (subjects/classes) in Your Study Area:
2. Select the Courses Search tab
3. Type in the subject area in the first box (You may need to try several synonymous terms if your first search provides no result)
4. For Course Type, choose Undergraduate unless you are a Post Graduate student
5. For Location, choose University of Canberra (Bruce) and hit Search
6. All the related courses/degrees should now show below. Click on any of interest for more information.
7. Within each course/degree page, you can find the class offerings by scrolling down and clicking on expand all under Course Requirements. If you click on Typical Study Plan, this will show you which semesters several of the classes are typically offered in so you can plan accordingly. You can also click on each unit under Course Requirements to check which semester they are available.