Applying To Study
There are a number of ways to apply to study at the University of Canberra. Application procedures vary depending on whether you are a Domestic or International applicant, and whether you are applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate program. The information below will help guide you through the application process.
Check for information on when to apply
Apply Direct to the University of Canberra
Non School Leavers: If you are no longer studying in Year 12, you can apply online for undergraduate courses. These applications are assessed individually and take into account post Year 12 employment and studies.
Applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Descent: Apply directly to the University for the Ngunnawal Foundation Program if your current qualifications are not adequate to allow studies to commence in an award course. Please contact the Ngunnawal Centre for further information about applying to the University of Canberra.
UC Accelerate Students: Apply directly if you have successfully completed the UC Accelerate program and are applying for undergraduate courses.
Postgraduate degrees by coursework: Applications for Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Level Courses can be submitted directly via the Apply Online link. Applicants are also able to apply through the UAC (Universities Admission Centre).
UC College Applications
Applications for the range of enabling programs offered by the University of Canberra College can be made directly to the College for school leavers and non-school leavers. Please follow the link below to apply for UC Connect, UC Start, UC Prep and UCan Reach programs.
Apply via UAC (Universities Admissions Centre)
School Leavers Applying to a Course in Canberra: Applicants for undergraduate courses commencing in Canberra should apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC). Check the UAC website for details of available course and when to apply.
Postgraduate degrees by coursework: Applications for Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master Level Courses can be submitted directly via the Apply Online link. Applicants are also able to apply through UAC (Universities Admissions Centre).
Apply via VTAC (Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre)
Shool Leavers Applying to a Course in Melbourne: Applicants for undergraduate courses commencing in Melbourne should apply through Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). Check the VTAC website for details of available course and when to apply.
English Language Requirements
All applicants wishing to undertake a course of study at the University of Canberra must meet the English proficiency requirements for that particular course. Some courses have higher English proficiency requirements.
You must provide certified evidence of academic transcripts and award certificates. Transcripts should indicate if the academic requirements of the course are incomplete /complete or if the award has been conferred.
Normal admission requirements can be met by the applicant achieving an entrance rank that is above the course threshold. An entrance rank can be achieved by the following means:
- An ATAR from students completing study in year 12 in Australia
- Previous year 12 qualifications can be converted to an ATAR
- A rank can be calculated based on other Australian qualifications. This can include tertiary study, special admission tests and enabling programs
- Work experience can be used to determine a rank taking into consideration the type of work and the duration of this work
- Overseas qualifications can be used to calculate a rank where the qualification is equivalent to an Australian AQF qualification
Admission and additional requirements are outlined under each course description.
Advanced Standing / Credit
Subject descriptions must be provided for International Qualifications and may be requested for Domestic Qualifications if required. Not providing this documentation with your application could delay the outcome.
- Working With Vulnerable People information and Application Form.
- Police Checks: National Police Check (NPC) application information.
- Early Closing Dates: Courses with limited places are competitive. Some have early closing dates. See Ranked Courses and Principal Dates.
Supplementary Application Forms
Provide Statements of Employment and a Resume with referee contact details for courses with work experience requirements, Search the Courses and Units database here.
For documentation requirements for your course preference see Entry Requirements and Qualification Information.
- Documents must be original or certified copies. Information about JP's and Statutory Declarations.
- Certified translations must accompany documents that are not in English.
- Evidence of your current name must be added to copies of qualifications obtained under a former name, such as Marriage Certificate, Passport, Birth Certificate or Australian Drivers Licence.
Please contact us if you have any Admission queries.
Location: Student Centre Enquiry Counter, 1B150
Phone:1300 301 727
Fax:+61 2 6201 5040