Important Info for New Students
Information contained in this section of the website will assist you with preparing to come to Australia, Canberra, and more importantly the University. In the first instance, I strongly advise you to read the Predeparture Guide and go through the checklist here. Most importantly:
1. Organize your accommodation before you arrive.
3. Ensure you arrive in Canberra at least a few days prior to Registration and Orientation Week. It is a visa requirement that you attend the international student welcome and information session.If at any point you have any questions and have not found the answers on our website, please contact us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can find us on Facebook under Uni ISA.
New Student Checklist:Things to do before you come to UC
We strongly recommend that you read through the UC Predeparture Guide for International students, available here. The checklist below is a basic guide only.
- Accept your offer by returning your signed offer letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your tuition fees (and OSHC fee if included on your offer letter) as stated on your offer letter. For information on paying your fees, see: http://www.canberra.edu.au/int-future-students/accept.
- Once your signed acceptance has been received and your payment confimed you will receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) from the University by email.
- Apply for a student visa. Directions on how to apply for a visa is available from the website of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship at http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/
- Accommodation: It is important that you organize your accommodation before coming to Australia. Information on accommodation options for students is available at http://www.canberra.edu.au/residences.
- Book a free pickup: The University can pick you up from the Canberra International Airport or Jolimont bus station and take you to your accommodation when you arrive in Canberra. To book your free pickup click here. Once you have arrived, please ensure you read through the International Student Handbook which will be provided at the ROW International Student Welcome.
- Order kitchen, bedding and other stuff to be ready for you when you arrive: Unishop provides an online service to students in Canberra, offering new students the opportunity to pre-purchase products online, delivered to them when they arrive in Canberra. For more information see the Unishop website.
Exclaimer: Please note that the University of Canberra is not in anyway affilliated with Unishop and is not responsible for the services they provide.