The Student Equity and Support Unit (SEASU) provides a range of services and programs to assist students during their time at the University of Canberra.
The Student Equity and Support Unit is dedicated to providing an outstanding, integrated, professional service that assists, supports and empowers students to achieve their study, personal and career goals.
The SEASU mission is achieved by:
- providing support, information and advice to students;
- developing and implementing evidenced-based programs, projects and policies that support the experience of our diverse student population; and
- developing and implementing evidence-based programs, projects and partnerships that support access and participation by students from equity groups.
The Student Equity and Support Unit includes the following sub-units:
- International Student Support Service
- Widening Participation
- Inclusion and Welfare
- Careers Service
- Multi-faith Centre
- Student Welfare Support Officer
Student Equity Plan (2008-2012)
One of the key steps in the University’s strategic plan for 2008-2012 is to develop and implement an ambitious student equity agenda. The Student Equity Plan (2008-2012) outlines our priorities and future plans in respect of student equity, and details strategies that will increase the number of students from equity groups at the University, and support them throughout their studies. The success of these strategies will be reflected in the students’ access, participation, retention and success rates. The plan also outlines the strategies for fostering a culture of inclusivity for all students at the University of Canberra.