Survey results and reports
7th of November 2018 - Find out how residents in your region rate their quality of life and liveability of their community! Detailed data tables of results from the 2017 Regional Wellbeing Survey are now available for every local community and region in which we received a large enough number of responses here.
23rd October 2018 - Does engaging in natural resource management make farmers more resilient to the effects of drought? Read our report prepared for NRM Regions here.
8th August 2018 - We've been working with the NSW Department of Primary Industries to help identify how we can better understand and monitor farmer resilience. Find out the key findings here and read more detail here.
12th April 2018 - Does being a regenerative farmer support wellbeing? Kimberly Brown is examining this in her PhD, and recently presented findings from a study we are working on with researchers from the Fenner School at the Australian National University. Check our her findings here.
13th November 2017 - Does participating in activities that improve the health of your land also support your wellbeing? Find out in our new report examining the experiences of landholders in the Riverina region of NSW, available here.
11th July 2017 - Does your community have a high quality of life compared to other parts of Australia? Data from the 2016 Regional Wellbeing Survey is now available for every community from which we received more than 100 responses. Access the data tables here.
11th July 2017 - Find out about the wellbeing of carers living in regional Australia. Our ‘Carers in Regional Australia’ report is available here.
20th June 2017 - What are the challenges facing women living in rural and regional NSW? Access our report on examining ‘NSW rural women’s challenges & ideas for action’, developed in partnership with the NSW Rural Women’s Network. Access the snapshot here, and the full report here.
- 2017 Regional Wellbeing Survey reports and results
- 2016 Regional Wellbeing Survey reports and results
- 2015 Regional Wellbeing Survey reports and results
- 2014 Regional Wellbeing Survey reports and results
- 2013 Regional Wellbeing Survey reports and results
Who’s using Regional Wellbeing Survey data?
An increasing number of organisations are drawing on data from the Regional Wellbeing Survey. Their reports are looking at quality of life, wellbeing, and changes occurring in rural and regional communities. Here are a few of the reports available now (please let us know about others so we can add them to this list):
- Noosa Shire Council was one of the communities with the highest quality of life in our 2016 Regional Wellbeing Survey results – and they’re proud of it! Check out their report on the survey results
- South Gippsland Shire Council are drawing on survey data as part of reporting on health and wellbeing in their community – see their community health and wellbeing profile
- The Young Farmers Ministerial Advisory Council drew on the survey to help identify recommendations – check out their recommendations
- Monash University produced a report on social sustainability in dairy communities that drew in part on data from the survey
- Survey data were drawn on as part of an assessment of the social and economic impacts of the Murray Darling Basin Plan in Victoria, commissioned by the Victorian government