News and Events
Events in 2017
IMAGINE IF ...
you could see the original artworks of Australia's most-loved picture book illustrators - those creators whose stories and artwork we return to over and over again. You can in our Imagine if … exhibition!
What is happening?
From Monday 10 July through Wednesday 30 August, you can explore the original artworks of many of Australia’s most esteemed picture book illustrations. We will also reveal the creative process with displays of have preliminary artwork and manuscripts. We will have sessions for children and professional development for teachers, librarians and budding writers and illustrators.
Where and when?
Clive Price Suite, Building 1, University of Canberra
Monday – Friday 10.00am – 2.00pm
What’s on exhibition?
Forty original artworks from the never-seen-before CBCA Children's Book Week collection as well as jewels from our Centre.
Who are the creators on exhibition?
Kerry Argent, Graeme Base, Freya Blackwood, Ron Brooks, Neil Curtis, Kylie Dunstan, Vivienne Goodman, Peter Gouldthorpe, Bob Graham, Brian Harrison-Lever, Elizabeth Honey, Patricia Mullins, Narelle Oliver, Matt Ottley, Gregory Rogers, Anne Spudvilas, Shaun Tan, Jane Tanner, and Steven Woolman.
Bob Graham events at Muse
Two events 'Meet Bob Graham' and 'Meet the creator - Bob Graham" being held at Muse.
Special feature of Imagine if …
You are looking at an original artwork created by Bob Graham for Imagine if …
We are delighted that Bob has created this original artwork to promote our exhibition, Imagine if .... We are deeply grateful and thrilled that Bob has agreed that this artwork can be raffled to support the Centre. I'm sure we would all love to have it!
Photo credit: Carolyn Graham
Bob Graham is one of Australia's most awarded children's book creators, having won The CBCA Picture Book of the Year Award three times, the Prime Minister's Award for Children's Books in 2014 and many other Australian and overseas awards. He has published 87 books and his work is translated into 37 languages. To find out more about Bob Graham read an interview with Bob on Her Canberra
- The finished size of this artwork is A3 and is unframed. It will be showcased at Imagine if …
- Raffle tickets are $5 each.
- The raffle will be drawn on Sunday August 27 at 10 am at the Canberra Botanic Gardens.
- The winner will also be announced through Facebook, Twitter and in the Centre's Newsletter.
- If the winner is outside of Canberra the artwork will be shipped in appropriate packaging to ensure it arrives safely.
- Tickets can be bought by emailing Trish Milne at firstname.lastname@example.org saying how many tickets you would like and giving your postal address. Trish will then send you the bank details so you can transfer the amount. Once your payment arrives your tickets will be posted to you.
- Alternatively you can write to us giving your postal address and sending a cheque for the number of tickets you would like. Your tickets will then be posted to you.
- The cheque should be made out to the National Centre for Australian Children's Literature and posted to:National Centre for Australian Children's Literature
Locked Bag 1
The Library, University of Canberra ACT 2601
Article in University of Canberra Monitor
Interview on ABC Canberra radio. An edited version of an interview, that has been put to music, between Louise Maher and Rowan Simpkin.
Interview by Her Canberra with Bob Graham.
Article in Reading Time, June 15, 2017
Article in Reading Time, July 15, 2017
Read about past events
Read past newsletters
The National Centre for Australian Children's Literature is proudly supported by The Children's Book Council of Australia, ACT Branch and the University of Canberra.