The National Centre for Australian Children's Literature Inc (the 'Centre') is an incorporated body in the ACT, Association Number A05328. The Centre operates under its Association Rules (Constitution). The Board and its two Subcommittees, the Management Subcommittee and the Foundation Subcommittee undertake management of the Archives.
Members of the Board include the following
- Four office-bearers of the Association including the Chair, Deputy Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary
- Two ordinary Board members
- Five nominated Board members.
Powers of the Board include the following
- Controlling and managing the affairs of the Centre
- Performing all that is necessary or desirable for the proper management of the affairs of the Centre
SUBCOMMITTEES OF THE BOARD
There are two permanent Subcommittees with specific responsibilities.
manages the day-to-day activities of the Centre as follows
- Control the archiving of materials
- Manage the accessioning of material
- Manage exhibitions of materials
- Liaise with personnel and organisations for teaching, learning and research purposes
- Manage public relations
- Manage the sale of any items to be sold
- Manage production of guides to the collection
- Document and report on the Centre's activities
- Other operational issues that arise on a daily basis.
MEMBERSHIP OF MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
- Representative, University of Canberra
- Director, National Centre for Australian Children's Literature
- Archival Officer, National Centre for Australian Children's Literature
- Editor, The Lu Rees Archives: Notes, Books and Authors journal
- President, The Children's Book Council of Australia ACT Branch Inc
- National Library of Australia
- Libraries ACT
- Canberra community liaison person.
OFFICE HOLDERS OF THE MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
The National Centre for Australian Children's Literature Management Subcommittee elect a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer from its membership at the last meeting of the Committee in each calendar year, to hold office for the following year.
The National Centre for Australian Children's Literature Management Subcommittee has the power to co-opt additional members as it sees fit.
Manages the capital and financing of the Centre as follows
- Manage the trust fund
- Apply for grants and other such funding as is deemed necessary
- Facilitate donations
- Maintain Friends of the Association.
Original artwork from Aesop's Fables illustrated by Rodney McRae, Sydney, Margaret Hamilton Books, 1990