The Lu Rees Archives of Australian Children’s Literature Inc is an incorporated body in the ACT, Association Number A05328. The Archives operates under its Association Rules (Constitution). The Board and its two Subcommittees, the Management Subcommittee and the Foundation Subcommittee undertake management of the Archives.
LU REES ARCHIVES BOARD
Members of the Board include the following
- Four office-bearers of the Association including the Chair, Deputy Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary
- Two ordinary Board members
- Five nominated Board members.
Powers of the Board include the following
- Controlling and managing the affairs of the Archives
- Performing all that is necessary or desirable for the proper management of the affairs of the Archives.
SUBCOMMITTEES OF THE BOARD
There are two permanent Subcommittees with specific responsibilities.
manages the day-to-day activities of the Archives as follows
- Control the archiving of materials
- Manage the accessioning of material
- Manage exhibitions of materials
- Liaise with personnel and organisations for teaching, learning and research purposes
- Manage public relations
- Manage the sale of any items to be sold
- Manage production of guides to the collection
- Document and report on Archives’ activities
- Other operational issues that arise on a daily basis.
MEMBERSHIP OF MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
- University Librarian, University of Canberra
- Director, Lu Rees Archives
- Archival Officer, Lu Rees Archives
- Editor, The Lu Rees Archives: Notes, Books and Authors journal
- President, The Children's Book Council of Australia ACT Branch Inc
- National Library of Australia, Australian Collections
- Faculty of Education and Arts, Australian Catholic University
- Libraries ACT
- Canberra community liaison person.
OFFICE HOLDERS OF THE MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
The Lu Rees Archives Management Subcommittee elect a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer from its membership at the last meeting of the Committee in each calendar year, to hold office for the following year.
The Lu Rees Archives Management Subcommittee has the power to co-opt additional members as it sees fit.
manages the capital and financing of the Archives as follows
- Manage the trust fund
- Apply for grants and other such funding as is deemed necessary
- Facilitate donations
- Maintain Friends of the Association.
Original artwork from Aesop's Fables illustrated by Rodney McRae, Sydney, Margaret Hamilton Books, 1990