Library Services for Users with a Disability
The University of Canberra Library provides a physical and virtual environment that supports users with a disability to effectively access and manage the information they need for their learning and research.
Some services require that users be registered with Inclusion and Engagement
The closest Accessible parking is next to building 25, just behind the Library.
Library Building Access
- Access to the Library is available through the front doors, which face Building 1
- Wheelchair access to each floor is available from the lift in the middle of the building
- Wheelchair access to washrooms is available on Level A and on Level B in the Library Commons area
Assistance using Library resources
In addition to the assistance offered to all library users, special help is available with:
- retrieving items from Library shelves (when possible)
- photocopying, scanning and printing
- borrowing conditions for registered students - extended borrowing for Short Loan books
- off campus library services available for students who are deemed eligible by the Inclusion and Engagement Office
- Library Catalogue searching at sit-down stations on Levels B, C & D
Assistive Technology Room
The Assistive Technology Room (AT Room) provides equipment and software to support students who are registered with Inclusion and Engagement. The room is located on level B of the Library and is available 24 hours with swipe card access. You will need to be registered with Inclusion and Engagement to enter the room with your UC card.
- ergonomic furniture, with height-adjustable desks and chairs.
- 4 PCs, a printer, and a scanner. Software includes: WYNN, JAWS, DRAGON and ZOOMTEXT
- lockers (key available from Inclusion and Engagement, on payment of a deposit)
- internal telephone (on campus only)
- emergency buzzer
Use for examinations
The room will sometimes be booked by Inclusion and Engagement for supervision during exam periods.
Content responsibility: Client Services