ASK Advisors are UC students who are available in the Library to assist with general library and basic IT queries, help with printing/scanning, Moodle and Mahara help and assist with assignment writing. ASK Advisors are available during semester time only.
More information available on the Study Skills page.
ASK Advisors provide assistance with:
- Searching the Library catalogue and Library website
- Informational and directional queries
- Understanding your assignment and writing help
- Use of UC Web services such as LearnOnline (Moodle), MyUC and Mahara
- Simple ICT troubleshooting of UC applications
- Connecting to the UC Wireless Network
- Activating UC email
- Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Adding credit via AutoLoader, including purchasing photocopy cards
- Self-check loan machines
- Locating items on shelves
ASK Advisors will refer students with problems requiring more complex assistance to the appropriate Library or University specialist staff or the ITM Service Desk.
Privately-owned devices, laptops etc
ASK Advisors may assist users with privately owned devices such as laptop computers, PDA's and so on. However:
- The University accepts no responsibility for the support and maintenance of privately owned devices
- The University accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to either a physical device or data contained within a privately owned device
ASK Advisors IT help operates within University Policy including the ITM Policy Manual.
Assistive Technology Room
- Printers: If the printer in the AT room malfunctions, a Library Staff member will attempt to assist. They may report the problem to the ITM Service Desk.
- Assistive technology: UC AccessAbility provides exclusive support for all issues relating to assistive technology.