- RefWorks Training sessions
- RefWorks 2.0 Quick Start Guide
- Online Tutorials
- Exporting from UC databases to RefWorks
- RefWorks Frequently Asked Questions
Already a registered RefWorks user? Login Here
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a tool that enables you to create and organise your own personal database of references and citations, and to share these with colleagues. You can add citations while you write a paper and then use RefWorks to format the paper in the referencing style you choose, adding both in-text references and a bibliography.
RefWorks is web-based so it is available at any time, from any computer with an Internet connection. It can be used with all major web browsers and is compatible with multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac and Unix.
You can view your database of references on your smartphone. See Working with RefMobile for details.
UC also supports EndNote users - EndNote and RefWorks Compared (PDF 106KB)
Setting up access
To access RefWorks for the first time and set up your account:
- Go to the RefWorks Login page
- Select "Sign Up for a New Account". You can choose Your Name; Login Name and Password, and email address. Select [Next]
- Select categories in each drop down menu and then type in the random letters displayed.
- Click [Create Account]. You will be taken into your personal RefWorks database and will see Welcome, Your Name in the top right hand corner of the screen. You will receive an email confirming your registration details.
Members of the UC Alumni may also use RefWorks after graduation.
Note: If you have lost your account details, click the 'Forgot your password?' link on the RefWorks User login screen. Enter your email address in the box provided and RefWorks will re-send the details to you.
You can get RefWorks help at the Library Research Assistance Desk or phone 6201 5082 during Library opening hours.
RefShare provides RefWorks users with a quick and easy way to share their references with colleagues.
Content Responsibility: Kathleen Cobcroft