Donating Material to the Library
Library Policy on Donations
The Library may accept donations of material provided they fall within collecting guidelines. Materials are accepted on the understanding that the Library has control over what is kept and what is discarded. Materials with special conditions relating to access or housing are not accepted. The Library is an approved library under the Cultural Gifts Program; however, the Library will only accept donations which meet the needs of the University's teaching and research.
Guidelines for Donations
Donation of material to the University of Canberra Library is accepted in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Donor has contacted and discussed the donation with a Liaison Librarian prior to the delivery
- For donations of 10 items or more a titles list has been provided prior to delivery
- The Library retains the right to treat donations as it sees fit
- Donors will not be notified of the decisions made in regard to their donations
- Donations will not be returned to the donor
Library Donation Form
Donors are required to complete a donation form when delivering donations to the Library.